European regulations regarding 1,1,1,3,3-pentafluorobutane (C4H5F5)
R11 Highly Flammable.
S2 Keep out of the reach of children.
S3 Keep in a cool place.
S9 Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
S16 Keep away from sources of ignition - No smoking.
S41 In case of fire and/or explosion do not breathe fumes.
|REACH: restrictions on the manufacture, placing on the market and use (Annex XVII/40)||EC/552/2009
| Entry||40. Substances meeting the criteria of flammability in Directive 67/548/EEC and classified as flammable, highly flammable or extremely flammable regardless of whether they appear in Part 3 of Annex VI to Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008 or not.|
| Text||Annex XVII: Restrictions on the manufacture, placing on the market and use of certain dangerous substances, mixtures and articles|
1. Shall not be used, as substance or as mixtures in aerosol dispensers where these aerosol dispensers are intended for supply to the general public for entertainment and decorative purposes such as the following
- metallic glitter intended mainly for decoration,
- artificial snow and frost,
- 'whoopee' cushions,
- silly string aerosols,
- imitation excrement,
- horns for parties,
- decorative flakes and foams,
- artificial cobwebs,
- stink bombs.
2. Without prejudice to the application of other Community provisions on the classification, packaging and labelling of substances, suppliers shall ensure before the placing on the market that the packaging of aerosol dispensers referred to above is marked visibly, legibly and indelibly with
'For professional users only'.
3. By way of derogation, paragraphs 1 and 2 shall not apply to the aerosol dispensers referred to Article 8 (1a) of Council Directive 75/324/EEC
4. The aerosol dispensers referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2 shall not be placed on the market unless they conform to the requirements indicated.
|Pre-registered substance||EC-Number: -|
Name: Butane, 1,1,1,3,3-pentafluoro-
Registration Date: 31/05/2013
|Selective treatment for materials and components of waste electrical and electronic equipment||WEEE
| Text||Annex II: Selective treatment for materials and components of waste electrical and electronic equipment in accordance|
1. As a minimum the following substances, preparations and components have to be removed from any separately collected WEEE
chlorofluorocarbons (CFC), hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFC) or hydrofluorocarbons (HFC), hydrocarbons (HC),
2. The following components of WEEE that is separately collected have to be treated as indicated
equipment containing gases that are ozone depleting or have a global warming potential (GWP) above 15, such as those contained in foams and refrigeration circuits: the gases must be properly extracted and properly treated. Ozone-depleting gases must be treated in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 2037/2000 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 June 2000 on substances that deplete the ozone layer