European regulations regarding Mercury, diiodobis[pyridine]-, (T-4)- (C10H10HgI2N2)
|REACH: restrictions on the manufacture, placing on the market and use (Annex XVII/18)||EC/552/2009
| Entry||18. Mercury compounds|
| Text||Annex XVII: Restrictions on the manufacture, placing on the market and use of certain dangerous substances, mixtures and articles|
Shall not be placed on the market, or used, as substances or in mixtures where the substance or mixture is intended for use
(a) to prevent the fouling by micro-organisms, plants or animals of
- the hulls of boats,
- cages, floats, nets and any other appliances or equipment used for fish or shellfish farming,
- any totally or partly submerged appliances or equipment;
(b) in the preservation of wood;
(c) in the impregnation of heavy-duty industrial textiles and yarn intended for their manufacture;
(d) in the treatment of industrial waters, irrespective of their use.
|Restriction of the use in electrical and electronic equipment||RoHS
1. Mercury in compact fluorescent lamps not exceeding 5 mg per lamp.
2. Mercury in straight fluorescent lamps for general purposes not exceeding
- halophosphate 10 mg
- triphosphate with normal lifetime 5 mg
- triphosphate with long lifetime 8 mg.
3. Mercury in straight fluorescent lamps for special purposes.
4. Mercury in other lamps not specifically mentioned in this Annex.
36. Mercury used as a cathode sputtering inhibitor in DC plasma displays with a content up to 30 mg per display until 1 July 2010.
File created on 2009/18/08 by LCI Publisher GmbH (Gaja Peters, Inga Thede, Volkmar Vill, Ron Zenczykowski)
© 2009 Landolt Börnstein, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg