European regulations regarding 2,2'-azoxytoluene (C14H14N2O)
|REACH: restrictions on the manufacture, placing on the market and use (Annex XVII/43)||EC/552/2009
| Entry||43. Azocolourants and Azodyes|
| Text||Annex XVII: Restrictions on the manufacture, placing on the market and use of certain dangerous substances, mixtures and articles|
1. Azodyes which, by reductive cleavage of one or more azo groups, may release one or more of the aromatic amines listed in Appendix 8, in detectable concentrations, i.e. above 30 mg/kg (0,003 % by weight) in the articles or in the dyed parts thereof, according to the testing methods listed in Appendix 10, shall not be used, in textile and leather articles which may come into direct and prolonged contact with the human skin or oral cavity, such as
- clothing, bedding, towels, hairpieces, wigs, hats, nappies and other sanitary items, sleeping bags,
- footwear, gloves, wristwatch straps, handbags, purses/wallets, briefcases, chair covers, purses worn round the neck,
- textile or leather toys and toys which include textile or leather garments,
- yarn and fabrics intended for use by the final consumer.
2. Furthermore, the textile and leather articles referred to in paragraph 1 shall not be placed on the market unless they conform to the requirements set out in that paragraph.
3. Azodyes, which are contained in Appendix 9, 'List of azodyes' shall not be placed on the market, or used, as substances, or in mixtures in concentrations greater than 0,1 % by weight, where the substance or the mixture is intended for colouring textile and leather articles.